Wednesday, November 5, 2008

CHANGE

I woke up this morning to CHANGE.

What an amazing day this is. I can hardly believe what has just happened for our country. I have never been more PROUD to be an American than I am right this moment. This is the beginning of a new era for us.

Barack Obama will be the next President of the United States of America.

A man who happens to be 50% African won an election by crossing racial, ethnic and economic lines with a plan to bring us back into the light. We've been in the darkness of fear and anger for a long time now, but this is a new day.

He will not change everything overnight, maybe not even in four or eight years. He will lay the groundwork to fundamentally change our country. He already has! His election alone signifies a shift from exclusiveness to INclusiveness. He will fight for ALL of us. He will do great things.

YES we Can. YES we Will. YES WE DID!

I am so hopeful. I am so inspired. I am so full of happiness that I almost can't stand it! I don't think I'd choose to live in any other time, even with all the tragedy we've endured. We will witness something extraordinary. And it starts January 20, 2009.

I have more to say, but this for now says it all...

If there is anyone out there who still doubts that America is a place where all things are possible, who still wonders if the dream of our founders is alive in our time, who still questions the power of our democracy, tonight is your answer. -- President-Elect, Barack Obama

1 comment:

Susan said...

I couldn't have said this better myself. What a fabulous country we live in that knew we needed change and decided to make the change. I am proud to be an American and I am proud to say I helped in making that change.